I’ve given in to the dark side: I have converted the blog-like portion of my site to blog software. Spending so much time with raw HTML, rather than on the content of the posts, was getting old and tedious. I watched with jealousy as my wife quickly got her new structure for joneschristy.com up and running, and looking great (though it was fun for me to get the various plugins installed to help her automate some of the stuff I watched her do manually, even in the tool).
Since I’ve been able to make most of my nifty features (AsciiMathML equations and MathJax graphs) work embedded, it seems silly not to convert. I’ve started moving my old entries over to the new tool, but it will take some time to move them all. In the meantime, I’ve moved the old static-HTML page URLs from /geekydad/ over to /extrageeky/.